It’s been a long, strange week.
We got back from sunny Florida on Friday to not-so-sunny Massachusetts.
Then started a new session of swim lessons on Saturday. Since it was a new session, Maggie moved over with Burke’s instructor from the last session…and promptly freaked out. She wanted her old one (who was working with another little kid). I had to talk her down and have her promise to try out Instructor J. And I talked with Instructor J. to let him know that she was kind of scared. (Burke seems to have advanced a bit more than Maggie – simply because he has no fear). Instructor J. let Maggie use the noodle for most of the rest of the lesson, so she seemed okay. After the session, she let it slip that she was afraid that Instructor J. would make her do everything that Burke does. (He can swim under water for a little ways…Maggie doesn’t really like putting her face in the water.) She’s promised to stick it out and try again next week.
On Sunday, Higgins joined us! He’s such a sweet, sweet puppy. He spends most of his day up with me while I’m working. He’s a good boy, but will benefit from a wee bit more training
Sunday is also about the time we realized that Logan more than likely had Chickenpox. Yes. Chickenpox. And yes, he was vaccinated. And I think that’s the only reason that most of those pox (covering his whole body) were all but gone Monday morning. Looking back, there were definitely signs on Sunday…
On Monday, Nanny C. started! (I’m a little nervous because she’s never had the Chickenpox…eek! Fingers crossed that Logan wasn’t contagious.) So far, the kids seem to really like her. YEAH!
On Tuesday, I got an email and a phone call stating that school was canceled for Wednesday … and it hadn’t even started snowing yet. Turns out they made a good call because…
On Wednesday, we got 26 inches of snow!! Mike stayed home and pretty much spent the entire day shoveling. (We *so* need to get a snowblower!!) Wednesday evening I got the same messages that school was canceled for Thursday as well. Which was a little strange because it had already stopped snowing…but I guess it was because not all of the roads were plowed and they were worried about the bus routes.
On Thursday, Logan had yet another follow-up appointment with Dr. Endo. He’s 29.4 pounds and exactly 3 feet tall. Apparently, he’s still “drifting” down the charts in height though. At the first appointment, he was in the 13th percentile…then the 8th, and now the 7th. She talked about getting blood work done, but mentioned that it could wait until the next appointment – which I jumped on, of course. (Plus, I had the kids with me because Nanny C. wasn’t able to get to us.) SO…we go back for more measurements in 4 months. Seriously, all they do is weigh him and measure his height, ‘wing span’, and ‘trunk’. I suppose that’s a hell of a lot better than taking blood from him each time.